"As the provider of choice for probation services, to inspire public confidence through our ability to rebuild lives and communities by cutting crime."
- We believe people should take responsibility for their actions and that they have the ability to change
- We believe in being accountable to our communities and working with our criminal justice partners
- We will work with integrity and be informed by evidenced-based practice
- We value diversity and difference and treat people with respect.
- To protect the public
- To reduce the level of repeat victimisation
- To promote the well-being and safeguarding of children.
- To improve the efficiency of our services to the Courts
- To reduce re-offending by enhancing offender management
- To reduce re-offending by commissioning services for offenders based upon need.
- To improve public confidence in the effectiveness of Community Payback
- To reduce re-offending by delivering interventions which are good value, are effective and which meet offender need as specified by the Local Delivery Units.
As an organisation
- To create a workforce that takes pride in its work and delivers to high professional standards
- To increase public confidence through our positive impact in cutting crime
- To drive up performance by achieving and establishing trust status and ensuring that our organisation works efficiently
- To strengthen the relationship between the probation service, the communities we serve and our civic partners.